Tips for Riding
- Plan your trip in advance. Click here for the County Express Quick Reference Guide!
- Arrive at the bus stop at least 5 minutes early. Stand or wave your arm when you see the bus approaching.
- Before the bus arrives, make sure you are ready to board by having all carry-on items in your hands. Please have your fare ready.
- Riders must have exact fare. Drivers do not make change.
- Seating towards front of the bus is reserved for seniors and persons with disability.
- Do not stand or change seats while the bus is in motion.
- Keep hands and arms inside the bus at all times.
- Smoking is prohibited.
- When the bus is a block from where you want to get off, notify the driver by pulling the cord over the window and the driver will stop at the next designated stop.
Click here for more information on how to have a safer, more reliable, convenient and pleasant trip on County Express.
Bikes on Bus
San Benito County Express is pleased to provide bike racks on every bus. Ride the bus to your destination for the same low price you would normally pay, and your bike rides free!
Passengers are responsible for loading and unloading their own bicycles, so we are providing these instructions to assist you. Bus drivers do not assist with the loading or unloading of bikes, therefore, it is important that you read these instructions carefully.
Each bus is equipped with a rack that can carry up to two bikes. The racks are conveniently located on the front of the bus and can accommodate two-wheel bicycles with wheel spans of 16 inches in diameter or larger. Space is available on a first-come, first-served basis. Motorized or tandem bikes are not permitted.
Only the bicycle's tires come in contact with the rack, thereby reducing the possibility of damage to your bike's frame.
Caution should be taken when loading and unloading your bicycle. San Benito County
Express is not responsible for any damage that may be caused while your bike is being
loaded/unloaded or while it is in the rack. Passengers should:
- Notify the bus driver before loading a bike.
- Load and unload bikes from the side of the bus nearest the curb.
- Exit the bus from the front door and advise the bus driver you will be unloading a bike.
You can load your bike in these three easy steps:
1. Lower the Rack
To lower the rack, grasp and squeeze the handle with one hand while supporting the
bike with your other hand. Slowly lower the rack.
2. Place Bike on the Rack
Lift the bike into the rack, placing the wheels in the wheel wells. The first bike loaded
should be placed in the position closest to the bus. The bike's front wheel is in the proper
position when it is facing the support arm.
3. Secure Your Bike
Your bike is secured with the support arm. Pull the handle of the support arm out, then
lift it up and over the bike's front tire.
Release the handle so that it rests on the tire. Your bike is now secure and you can board
4. Remove Your Bike
To remove your bike from the rack, simply pull the support arm handle out and lower it
down over the bike's front tire, lift the bike out of the rack, and return the rack to the
upright position. It makes no difference which position your bike is in. You can easily
remove your bike from the rear position even if another bike is in the front position.